Celebrating 25 Years
of Meals On Wheels Delaware
Meals On Wheels Delaware’s (MOWD) mission is to raise funds, other resources, and awareness to support meal delivery programs to homebound seniors in Delaware.
- In collaboration with meal-delivery programs throughout the state, MOWD strives to ensure the uninterrupted delivery of hot, nutritious meals
- MOWD supports five meal-delivery programs/locations statewide: CHEER, City Fare, Meals On Wheels Lewes-Rehoboth, the Modern Maturity Center, and the Newark Senior Center
- In 2020, 877,682 hot, nutritious meals were delivered to over 6,200 seniors statewide
- As a result of the pandemic, the number of homebound seniors using Meals on Wheels services has increased by more than 40%. The number of meals served to seniors in need increased by over 26%.
- About 1,000 individuals volunteered their time to hand-deliver meals to homebound seniors in 2019. Another 150 individuals volunteered their time in support of fundraising for the programs
- MOWD raises funds through generous contributions from large and small companies, public and private businesses, and both for-profit and nonprofit organizations, as well as directly from the general public