Meals On Wheels Delaware’s (MOWD) mission is to raise funds, other resources, and awareness to support meal delivery programs to homebound seniors in Delaware.
- In collaboration with meal-delivery programs throughout the state, MOWD strives to ensure the uninterrupted delivery of hot, nutritious meals
- MOWD supports five meal-delivery programs/locations statewide: CHEER, City Fare, Meals On Wheels Lewes-Rehoboth, the Modern Maturity Center, and the Newark Senior Center
- In 2021, 898,509 hot and nutritious meals were delivered to over 6,600 seniors statewide
- About 1,000 individuals volunteered their time to hand-deliver meals to homebound seniors in 2021.
- MOWD raises funds through generous contributions from large and small companies, public and private businesses, and both for-profit and nonprofit organizations, as well as directly from the general public