Meals On Wheels Delaware (MOWD) provides financial resources to meal-delivery programs statewide that offer nutritious meals and independence to homebound seniors. We support these efforts through events, which raise awareness and funds to provide resources needed to alleviate hunger and loneliness for seniors throughout Delaware. Volunteer opportunities for individuals, groups, and businesses are available throughout each year.
- In collaboration with meal-delivery programs throughout the state, MOWD strives to ensure the uninterrupted delivery of hot, nutritious meals
- MOWD supports five meal-delivery programs/locations statewide: CHEER, City Fare, Meals On Wheels Lewes-Rehoboth, the Modern Maturity Center and the Newark Senior Center
- In 2019, over 690,000 hot, nutritious meals were delivered to over 4,400 seniors statewide
- About 1,000 individuals volunteered their time to hand-deliver meals to homebound seniors in 2019. Another 150 individuals volunteered their time in support of fundraising for the programs
- MOWD raises funds through generous contributions from large and small companies, public and private businesses, and both for-profit and nonprofit organizations, as well as directly from the general public